I’ve grown increasingly skeptical of organized marathons that request donations from one’s friends in order for runners to participate. Both goals on their own — personal fitness and charitable fundraising — are noble; it’s their marriage that seems unholy to me.
Web site optimization experts suggest that webmasters try to minimize the number and size of HTTP requests necessary to serve web pages. Web designers often use multiple CSS files because they are easier to manage, but this requires as many HTTP requests as there are CSS files. This free script serves all your CSS files [...]
Update: I implemented this idea at http://queryprotocol.appspot.com. Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome! When trying to explain a concept to others over email, I often find myself linking to a search engine’s result pages for a specific query, instead of a single destination URL. These are non-navigational queries, and there is no single result that [...]
- HOWTO Setup WebDAV on Mac OS X
- SSH Port Forwarding on Mac OS X
- HOWTO Install MongoDB for PHP on Mac OS X
- HOWTO Obtain metadata for a book given its ISBN using Amazon Web Services in PHP
- Marathi Newspaper “सकाळ” Reports on Google Desktop
- A Tale of Two Interfaces
- How do I eat Pringles chips out of a can?
- Personal Information Backup – Twitter, Gmail Contacts, Google Calendar, Reader
- Marathon Fundraising: A Noble Goal or Exploiting your Social Network?
- श्री गणपतीची अारती — Shree Ganapatichi Aarti