MongoDB is a document-oriented database (among other things), and it’s especially convenient that the native document format is JSON. For various ongoing pet projects, I figured I’d give it a try to avoid the overhead of creating/maintaining schemas and having to flatten down my JSON objects to fit a relational model. I read a lot of conflicting instructions on the Web about how to install MongoDB, and they’re either incomplete (most of them skip the part about making MongoDB run automatically at startup), and none of them satisfied my requirements. So I wrote my own.
- HOWTO Setup WebDAV on Mac OS X
- SSH Port Forwarding on Mac OS X
- HOWTO Install MongoDB for PHP on Mac OS X
- HOWTO Obtain metadata for a book given its ISBN using Amazon Web Services in PHP
- Email should have Expiration Dates
- How do I eat Pringles chips out of a can?
- श्री गणपतीची अारती — Shree Ganapatichi Aarti
- Why I bought another Samsung phone
- A Tale of Two Interfaces
- URL Design Sins: 16 things that don’t belong in URLs