MiniUpload™ is an Active Server Component that enables an Active Server Pages (ASP) application to accept files uploaded by a browser. Any browsers that support the RFC 1867 protocol are able to upload files. All modern browsers, including Opera 3.6+, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0+ and Netscape 3.0+ support uploading. The MiniUpload Component can be invoked by an ASP script running on a Windows NT/2000 server running Internet Information Server (IIS), or Windows 95/98 machine running Personal Web Server (PWS), and ASP1.0b or higher. The component works by accepting the posted data and extracting the file information from it. This can then be saved as a disk file or as binary data inside a database. The component provides various properties & methods to handle the uploaded file.
- Multiple files in same <form> can be uploaded to different locations.
- A very simple API to handle files. The shortest upload script is just 2 lines of code!
- Complete information about the uploaded file is available. A unique property available to MiniUpload users is the URL property - it lets you use the URL of the uploaded file in your HTML code.
- Upload file size limit is user-configurable.
- Can handle cases where a file of the same name already exists. Duplicate files are either overwritten, or renamed, or rejected.
- Can save to the current directory, any given virtual directory, or any other directory with the original or other filename. The target directory need not be in the web server directories.
- You can upload the file contents directly into a database. Microsoft Access as well as Microsoft SQL Server are supported. (See the example for MS Access under the Samples directory.)
- Extremely compact in size & fast in execution.